- Last Updated on Saturday, 24 September 2011 10:07
- Hits: 592
The medical history or anamnesis of a patient is information gained by a physician or dentist by asking specific questions, with the aim of obtaining information useful in formulating a diagnosis.
- Last visit?
- New fillings or dentures?
- Have teeth been damaged as a result of an accident?
- For what reason teeth were lost?
To identify the cause of complaints a pain anamnesis is created.
- Since when do the complaints exist?
- Pain duration - and quality?
- Are the complaints locatable or diffuse?
- Pain on hot and cold or sweet and sour?
- Pain when biting or releasing?
As part of the dental visit a diagnosis is possible with a thorough survey of the patients history. The diagnosis is required for appropriate treatment.