- Last Updated on Saturday, 17 December 2011 21:32
- Hits: 952
Endodontics (from the Greek endo "inside"; and odous "tooth") deals with the interior of the tooth - the tooth nerve (pulp). One also speaks of root canal treatment or even easier - of a root treatment. It includes the entire or partial treatment of diseased or injured tooth nerve tissue.
Here, the tissue is removed completely or partially from the tooth.
Endodontic therapy deals with
- the preservation of viable nerve tissue,
- the treatment of acute or recurrent infections,
- treatments due to an accident or stroke ( Traumatology ),
- removal of fractured root canal instruments,
- repair of root defects.
Is this all? - No. For many other problems endodontic treatment offers various solutions to preserve teeth today. Root canal treatment is thus a reliable alternative to dental implants or dentures.